Every garden-maker should be an artist along his own lines. That is the only possible way to create a garden, irrespective of size or wealth.
(Vita Sackville-West)

Friday, November 12, 2010

Photo Friday: Hawaiian Water Lily?




Obviously, this little beauty is NOT from Minnesota. We have nothing like this in November, or even October when I actually took the picture. I had to travel all the way to Kona, Hawaii to snap this. It was torture I tell you, pure torture! A cursory Google search turned up nothing specific on what exactly this plant is. I'm assuming this is some sort of water lily since it's growing in a fresh water pond. However, I found nothing matching this under water lily. No matter, it's gorgeous. I love it. I particularly like the coconut floating in amongst the plants. Perfection. 


No comments: