Every garden-maker should be an artist along his own lines. That is the only possible way to create a garden, irrespective of size or wealth.
(Vita Sackville-West)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spring Has Finally Arrived!

I admit, no, really, I relish the fact that I am a lazy gardener. That's the reason I do container gardening. Small contained gardens that are easy to grow and are beautiful. Yet, I still have this giant yard and I really, really, really hate grass so I have converted quite a bit to gardens. With our heavy clay soil and the sheer size of these beds, annuals are out of the question. I've been planting and learning about perennials. They have been a work in progress for 5 years now and I have felt like I haven't gotten all that far.

Imagine my surprise this spring when my garden sprouted color everywhere! Without any help from me! I think I'm doing something right. Check out these pictures from the second wave of flowers. I missed the first wave of flowers because I was busy with work but I had to snap some shots of these.
Sigh. Happiness.

No comments: