Every garden-maker should be an artist along his own lines. That is the only possible way to create a garden, irrespective of size or wealth.
(Vita Sackville-West)

Friday, January 7, 2011

Photo Friday: Blooming Succulent!


It doesn't take much blooming to excite this Minnesota gardener in January. Especially when we've already had 45 inches of snow fall making for 5, 6, 7, 8 foot snow piles everywhere you go. We've gone from winter wonderland to arctic tundra. Ah, well. So you can see where this little beauty is a pleasant surprise. This is a crassula and I'm fairly certain this is called 'Springtime'. Misnamed apparently, or at least hopefully named because it's normal bloom time is in the winter. I planted it in a terracotta strawberry pot last spring to replace one my cat over-frolicked so this is it's first year and voila! Blooms! And the cat isn't the slightest bit interested in it. Success! After adorning my kitchen window for the winter, I'll put this container back outside for the summer. I hope I get many more blooms next season.

No comments: